Still having jitter problems. I’ve tried all sorts of capacitor sizes and configurations trying to fix the problem but it doesn’t work. My only significant progress is that I moved the servo attachment into the individual ‘if’ statements so that the jitter doesn’t start until I actually hit a IR remote button. When I had the servo attachment at the beginning of the loop, the servo would start jittering as soon as the Arduino powered up. I think I can still figure out some kind of software solution by powering down the 5v power and restarting, but my attempts so far haven’t been successful.
still working on it.